Tuesday, June 21, 2016


Meeta Vishnu
754 17th Ave
San Francisco CA 94938
415-987-3600
meeta.vishnu@gmail.com



I completed Medical College in New Delhi, India, and then went on to do an M.S in Biology after moving to San Francisco.  After working for 5 years as a molecular biology researcher at UCSF, I became interested in Homeopathy, and completed a four-year course from the School of Homeopathy, Devon, U.K.  Meeting homeopaths from all over the world who are masters in this highly nuanced field is enlightening and humbling.  In addition to the School of Homeopathy, I have had the privilege of studying and collaborating extensively with Dr. Jose Isaac who runs a 400-bed government homeopathic hospital in Kerala, India.
Having taken the “scenic route” to homeopathy I now have a family practice, where I see patients at all phases of their lives.  Because of my medical training and background, I like to look at test results, radiology evidence, and physician opinions when they are available.  I practice in the Richmond district of San Francisco, but also do skype and phone consultations for patients who cannot meet in person.
Growing up in a family of physicians there was a general acceptance that I too would study and practice medicine.  However, no one in my family anticipated that the modality I would adopt to treat patients would be homeopathy.   Today, I have several physicians as patients who are often surprised and impressed with the simplicity and effectiveness of homeopathic treatment.
Meeta Vishnu, CCH cand.
Practitioner Diploma, Homeopathy; School of Homeopathy, Devon, England
M.S Biology, University of San Francisco
M.B.B.S, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India


Case on the Digestive system:
The patient, “Jane”, was a 37 year old lady whose mother called me for a consultation.  Jane had been suffering from acute sharp pain in the right hypochondrium for the past 4 days.  She was unable to move at all because of the pain, as any movement or jolting caused a new spasm.  There was also accompanying pain on the tip of the right shoulder.  She was talking carefully during the consultation and looked quite weak.  For the past 3 days, she had been unable to eat or drink anything much.  Anything she took in, including water, she vomited out.  In addition, she was vomiting out green bile.
An ultrasound done 2 days prior revealed multiple small gall stones.  She had been given a number of pain killers by her physician, but they were not helping her.  The pain, and vomiting were all still there.  
Treatment:  I prescribed Belladonna 12C and told her to repeat it every hour for 3 hours.  She called me after about 2 ½ hours and said the pain had come down by about 75 percent.  She joked and laughed as she talked to me and was clearly feeling much more relaxed now.   She was hungry and I asked her to have a few sips of water, and maybe something light to eat to see if she could keep it down.  Her appetite returned, and a couple of days later, she told me that she took her daughter to the playground.  I followed up and completed her treatment with Lycopodium at high potencies in order to be sure that this problem did not recur.

No comments:

Post a Comment