Thursday, March 17, 2016

Delilah Raybee






2006 Dwight Way
#103
Berkeley, CA 94704
510-388-9949


I decided to become a homeopath after seeing a homeopath for help with allergies. At the time, my son was two years old and I wanted to go back to work but not to my previous career. Besides having allergies, I was feeling stuck. I didn’t know when I went to the homeopath that my remedy would address this in addition to my physical health. The homeopathic remedy not only cleared my blocked sinuses but also allowed me to consider new possibilities for my career. If I was going to consider a new career, why not become a homeopath so I could help others access the deep healing I had just experienced. As luck would have it, a new class was just beginning at the Berkeley Institute of Homeopathy. I completed the 3-year certificate program in classical homeopathy in 2015. The program offers a solid grounding in the history, theory, and practice of Homeopathy. In addition to homeopathic training, I bring my experience in the social sciences (Masters in Public Administration), nonprofit management, and a lifetime of caring for others to the consulting room. I’m also a returned Peace Corps volunteer (Ukraine, 2003-05). 
I look forward to joining you on your healing journey.

Eczema and Rash with Anxiety 
In this case the client was a 37 year-old woman seeking treatment for a variety of skin conditions. “I am sensitive, like the canary in the coal shaft. If there is a toxin, I will react, usually through a skin rash,” she described. In addition to rashes, she suffers from eczema and cold sores. She is better when she avoids eating dairy, and worse when she is pregnant. At the time of treatment she is pregnant with her second child. 

The client described her emotional life in this way, “My go-to emotion is anxiety. It is the first layer of response.  There is a chronic, underlying anxiety or stress of life. I try to control circumstances by having a plan.” The cold sores and other skin symptoms bothered her because of the way they look, but she was also concerned with passing them on to her children, especially the cold sores. 

This client was given a remedy called graphites, made from graphite, or black lead.  In cases that are helped by this remedy, the physical pathology is often on the skin. The type of anxiety experienced by this client is also typical for cases helped by this remedy.  

In the period immediately following the remedy, she did not have another cold sore or another rash. Some months later, she did get a cold and had a cold sore. However, the cold sores did not recur as they previously had.  As for the anxiety, she decided to try to let go of more emotionally. She realized that she was trying to hold everything together for everyone else, which she realized she couldn’t do.  She also hasn’t had any eczema outbreaks for at least six months following the remedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment