Monday, January 23, 2017

Henry Kostecki






Dr Henry Kostecki
964 Rubicon Tr
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
530-541-3551
hkostecki@gmail.com


I graduated from Texas A&M veterinary school in 1971, instinctively knowing that there must be much more to healing than I had been taught. I had an overpowering curiosity to find out. I tried several healing systems over the years but found them all to be eclectic, without much scientific basis and minimally effective. Then came Homeopathy in the early 90’s, and it was love at first sight. My search had ended with this truly holistic, powerful and gentle system of medicine.  I was impressed with its long track record, dating from the early 1800’s, of documented cures that were and still are unparalleled today.


My study of homeopathy has been completely absorbing and fascinating since it speaks of the truth about the nature of reality as applied to medicine. Its legacy of literature, its medical schools, and hospitals all but vanished by the early 1900’s – a medical Atlantis with only artifacts remaining.  Here was a medicine that was deeply emotional to me as I saw my patients improve and heard the astonishment in their (or their mother’s) voices. Yet, homeopathy doesn’t give you a thing, in the sense that every case is a new riddle – a puzzle to be solved – and I now had to actually think and leave the ease of routine behind. I found that evidence had to be gathered and cases solved inductively, as a detective does at the crime scene. In fact, I may have prescribed a certain remedy hundreds of times yet I find that I have never seen it presented quite like the case standing before me now. Every day is new and fresh to me because homeopathy is always new and fresh, despite, and because of, its invariant principles.
  • Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy, member
  • Canadian Academy of Homeopathy, member



Case

A kitty named Oliver in a multi cat household who just won't eat. He is 6 yr old tiger tabby neutered male who has always been lean, active and finicky. He has been treated by a human homeopath with Staphysagria 30c twice daily for about one year and it seemed to help until recently when he stopped eating entirely and was taken to another vet on 7/18/2016 who found no abnormalities in lab work or physical exam, other than being quite thin. A feeding tube was installed on 8/2/2016 and Oliver was sent home to his human. Voluntary appetite increased gradually and the tube was removed on 8/13/16 and his appetite gradually waned thereafter. His human called me and I received his case by phone on 9/6/16:

His human has given no further vaccinations since adopting him as a kitten from a shelter. Oliver has never liked being touched and has always seemed very suspicious and wary in general and highly reactive to noises and changes in the household. He will eat fabric, plastic and paper and just looks at his home prepared organic food and walks away, likes the sun, used to make swallowing motions but not so much anymore, has catching, tremulous breathing during sleep, is irritable around the other cats, vomits green bile at random without a pattern, "grinds" his jaw when chewing, has greasy fur, poultry and fish make him itch, has had a clear eye discharge bilaterally for years that does not seem to concern him. His other homeopath has given many remedies without effect including Phosphorous, probably the most commonly Rx'd remedy for cats, (Arsenicum being same for horses). Owing to the long term palliation from Staph and all the other remedies tried, I thought I'd open with Nux vomica to see what might happen. Well, nothing much happened and the stomach tube was soon re-installed (unknown to me) then I was called again and updated on 10/2/16. At that point I moved in with the antipsoric Silicea 30c for one test dose. He went to sleep almost immediately thereafter and it was unusual for him to drop his guard like that during the day. He gradually began eating the next day and has never stopped and the stomach tube was soon removed and to date he has not needed another dose of Silicea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment