Monday, September 19, 2016

Mini Bansal






Mini Bansal
HealthHH@outlook.com
1350 Dell Ave, Campbell CA 95008
408-533-0599


I started my career in Conventional Medicine after graduating with a Master’s in Biochemistry (Hons) from Panjab University, Chandigarh in India. I worked at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi as a Clinical Biochemist for several years. During my stint there I got diagnosed with asthma and my physician handed me an inhaler with one hand and a referral to a Homeopath with the other. Three doses of homeopathic globules alleviated months of labored coughing and breathing. I was intrigued.

Very soon after that, an opportunity to learn more about my field of service came into my life and I came to University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore for another Master’s in Medical and Research Technology. During my second stint at college I got married and made U.S. my home. As a Mom, for a combination of reasons, I decided not to work full time and enjoy seeing my children grow.

As my children grew into their teens and became more independent, I decided to go back to college (third time!) and study Homeopathy. Around the same time I got diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Homeopathy played a big role in my recovery and my resolve to study it deepened. I moved to Los Angeles for a few years and graduated with a Diploma in Homeopathy.

When I first decided to learn homeopathy it was really to find an alternative way to look at some frustrating medical issues with my children that traditional medicine could not address. I am very very happy to say that I found my answers in homeopathy...maybe not all...but almost there!

My own recovery from breast cancer with homeopathy supplementing the conventional treatment has enabled me to understand and appreciate the compexities of cancer care with complementary medicine

Now after witnessing some near miracles and of course, some misses too (no medicine is perfect!) I am very passionate and a big advocate of Homeopathy. I look forward to the day when Homeopathy and Conventional Medicine will walk in tandem in the U.S. as it does in India.


Case:

A 7 yr old charming little girl Rachel (not her real name) came for help with dyslexia. Friendly, mature, eloquent, polite, thoughtful, compassionate, well behaved and quite the artist. She loved to travel and listened and was obedient to her mother. She did not like to be alone and as a toddler tended to cling to her mother. 

Struggling with short term memory issues. In 2nd grade but reading and maths at kindergarten end / 1st grade beginning level. Had difficulty recognizing and memorizing symbols, phone number, birthday, address etc. Working hard at it but very little progress.

She also complained of eczema on her face and sometimes on the back. The eruptions were extremely itchy and were worse by eating sweets and eggs. 

Based on the totality of her symptoms I prescribed her Natrum muriaticum in LM potency to be taken daily. 

A few days later Mother reported eruption of eczema on her back with great itching. This was a return of old symptoms which indicated that the remedy was in the right direction.

At first follow-up after four weeks, Mother reported some progress in putting together syllables one day and then regressing the next day. This told me although we were on the right track there was an ‘obstruction to cure’ as we say in homeopathy. I persisted with a higher potency of the same remedy.

At the next follow-up there was improvement with skin issues but nothing much in terms of learning. During the conversation I seized upon a possible obstruction to cure and prescribed Staphysagria as an intercurrent remedy to be taken once.

At the next follow-up the child reported amazing progress in learning and by the follow-up after that she was up to par with the rest of the class in maths and slightly behind in reading. 


My reward - when the young girl beamed and told me, “ Now when my friend comes over I do not feel bad because I can do numbers as well as she can. I am very happy about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment