Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Jenia Grossman


Jenia Grossman 
info@SiliconValleyHomeopathy.com
Consulting in Cupertino and Saratoga
408-844-4483

Like many other people, I turned to homeopathy looking for solutions for my own health problems when conventional medicine could not offer any viable approach. Coming from a scientific and mathematical background, I was initially skeptical of homeopathy. Yet, the idea of interdependency of the mind, emotions, and a physical body was so matching my understanding of a human being that I found myself spending more and more time researching the validity of homeopathy. 

My fascination with the world of homeopathy which was “discovered” by countless people before me swept me as well; there was no turning back. Without any doubts I left my established career as a software engineer and went to study at Pacific Academy of Homeopathy in San Francisco. Cured cases which I observed initially and worked on later highlighted a thorough impact on a whole person. Simultaneously, my own treatment affected me profoundly.

As a homeopath, I feel very privileged to be able to help people in their recovery. There is no greater reward. I have adults as well as many children in my practice. Being able to help a child to start his or her life in a healthy way so it may continue in that direction is immensely gratifying to me.

Case:

7 year old Ben (name changed for privacy reasons) was brought in for eczema which started a few months prior in the pelvic area with cracks of raw skin and later on spread to other parts of the body. Now, bends of his arms and legs were prominently covered with dried bloody scabs. Unlike a typical eczema case when itching is the worst at night, he was mainly itching and scratching during the day.


While I was taking the case, I noticed that Ben could not sit still and kept running circles around my coffee table. I was gradually coming to the understanding that as bad as his eczema was, his life was even more limited by ADD and anxiety. He was very afraid of robbers and kept checking locks on the doors and windows. He commonly had nightmares “Bad guys: they rob and steal from me. I rarely see good dreams.” Scary “what ifs” dominated his life. Any change of plans was very hard for Ben to adjust to and would lead to long lasting temper tantrums.

At some point there was a distant noise from the street, which made Ben tightly close his ears and start shaking. He was highly sensitive to noise. In addition to all of that, he commonly had headaches and a constant post-nasal drip; slept with his mouth open and, unsurprisingly, he was tired and cranky in the mornings.

Understanding how somatic and physiological causes of illnesses are interrelated for a particular person leads to selection of the remedy, so I was trying to figure out what might have triggered this eczema coming seemingly out of nowhere. Turned out that teachers used to complain about his fidgeting and trying to be a “good boy”, he finally conquered his restlessness and that was when the eczema started. I commonly see that in many ADD cases anxiety is the underlying cause. Restlessness is one of the common ways of its amelioration. Having to sit still in a class became too much stress for Ben.

I suggested homeopathic preparation of Petroleum for Ben in daily doses for 3 weeks to jumpstart the healing and switching to single doses as needed later on. Homeopathic remedies are not intended to be working instead of the body; they rather stimulate healing and thus, are not needed eventually.

Three days into the remedy the mother reported that Ben was itching less and had much easier time falling asleep at night. Two weeks later the itching was gone, the arms cleared up; there was still some eczema on the legs.

A month later there was little eczema left: more of a dry skin rather. In addition to that, there was dramatic reduction of fears, improvements with post-nasal drip and a better sleep. Change of plans was no longer a problem.


This is just one of the cases highlighting the beauty of deep holistic healing we commonly see available with homeopathy when a person comes for a particular complaint but the whole system heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment