Monday, November 9, 2015

Carol Lourie










Carol Lourie
Natural Health Care &Healing Center
776 Page Street
Berkeley CA 94710
510-526-2028 

                                                                   http://www.naturalhealthcarehealingcenter.com


I was introduced to the world of natural healing in the 70’s, when a friend developed cancer. I was with her when her Oncologist told her there was nothing more that could be
done for her, and I was with her when she found a different type of doctor, who helped people through detoxifying diets.

People came to him for treatment who were very ill; standard medical care had not been able to help them. And even though I had never even heard of this concept, I saw an amazing improvement in their health through his treatment protocol. This was the first time I witnessed the power of the body to heal through the use of natural medicine. I was deeply affected by this and my career path was dramatically altered from that moment.

I was so intrigued that I started to work for this doctor, and it was in his office that I came across a catalogue to the National College of Naturopathic Medicine. I started my study of homeopathy with Robin Murphy while a student there and have never stopped learning.

Homeopathy has changed and grown enormously in the last thirty years and it’s important for me to keep up with all these changes. I became a Master Clinician in Homeopathy with Louis Klein, FSHom., and continue to study with several of the homeopaths “from the Bombay group”, as well as Jan Scholten for his method for minerals and plants.

While I have seen first hand the ability of homeopathy to affect change, I also use my naturopathic and acupuncture training in my practice. I have been attending conferences in the area of Functional Medicine for the past thirty years and apply that knowledge I have gained in treating my patients.

I have always believed it is possible to have a healthy and happy life and use all my integrative skills to help people achieve that for themselves.


MIGRANE CASE

Gail (name changed for privacy reasons) is a 65 year old woman with a history of hypothyroidism, fatigue and anxiety.  

Over a period of two months, she had developed the problem of migrane headaches. She described the pain as pressing, from the inside trying to get out, and better with pressure. She would go to bed, had to have the window slightly open, and actually wrap a long scarf around her head. 

I asked her about her appetite and her thirst and she said she would loose her appetite and found herself having intense nausea, for which she would drink ginger tea.

I then asked what was going on in her life for the past few weeks and she reported a large amount of stress from her work and wanting to take certain classes that were very difficult to obtain. She was feeling overwhelmed, unsupported at work and pressured to perform.

I gave her one dose of Arg-nit 30c. The next morning she reported that her headache was worse that night. In homeopathy, this is called the aggravation and is a sign that the remedy is working according to the Law of Similars. Simply stated, the symptoms displayed by the patient guide the homeopath to the remedy. The task of the homeopath is to match the total symptom picture and personality of the patient with the homeopathic remedy that displays those symptoms. Over the course of three weeks, she reported a gradual lessening of her migraines, both in severity and length of time between headaches. In homeopathy, this is referred to as the amelioration following the aggravation, and is a sign that the remedy is working. We will see how she progresses over the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment