Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sandi Kaplan


Sandi Kaplan, CCH, PCH
Divine Monkey Homeopathy
152 Precita Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110
415 359-6284


I have been in private practice since 2003, serving the general population as well as particular communities such as: homeless and underserved women and children, LGBT communities, youth and people living on low incomes.
I have directed the student clinic at Berkeley Institute of Homeopathy and have provided services for Charlotte Maxwell, a free holistic health clinic for low income and indigent women with cancer. I am currently involved with Homeopathy for Health in Africa, a non-profit organization based in Tanzania, whose goal it is to relieve the suffering of people with HIV/AIDS using homeopathy.
Originally from New York City, I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1984. I attended Pacific Academy of Homeopathy in San Francisco and both attended and coordinated the Dynamis School for Advanced Homeopathy, an advanced international program for practitioners. I have studied under several master homeopaths over the years and earned my advanced degree as Practitioner of Classical Homeopathy (PCH) as an adjunct to my Certificate in Classical Homeopathy (CCH).


Travel and being outdoors are some of my greatest passions.  Finding ways to remain healthy and mindful while exploring the unknown has been something I’ve been trying to master since my love affair with homeopathy began.

Travel case
Several years ago, a client of mine returned from traveling India for several months.  While there, she awoke one morning to discover paralyzing pain in her neck and was unable to turn it in any direction.  By evening she felt dizzy, nausea, and sweaty.  The next day she decided to get muscle relaxers and promptly fainted at the pharmacy.  She was immediately taken to hospital where she was tested for an influenza complication that could have affected her brain.  Fortunately, that result came back negative.  She returned home full of muscle relaxers but no better.  Her doctor said it was a flu. When she did not feel better after two weeks, she came to me.


“I had shooting nerve pain in my neck.  It felt all right to hold neck upright but any other position was excruciating and I was anxious about getting home with that level of pain.  My hands and feet have since swollen up, right side is more painful.  My whole body is weak, achy and all I want to do is sleep.  Moving wrists and ankles is most painful but all my joints hurt to bend.  My fingers are swollen.  My neck feels better but I don’t have full range of movement yet and there is still a good amount of pain when I do turn it.


My joints are stiff when still and it’s hard to get them going.  At rest they are achy and dull; when they move they feel hot.  I can’t lift the tea kettle and driving is almost impossible.  I feel the worst before getting out of bed in the morning and then joints ease up a bit as I move around.  By the end of the day I’m exhausted, miserable, achy and discouraged.  I’m not comfortable in my body.  I feel better after a hot bath and wrapping up warmly.”


I prescribed Rhus-tox 30C in a split dose.

I did not speak with the client for almost two months, until she came back for a general check-in.  She stated incredulously, that her symptoms disappeared completely after about 10 days on the remedy.  She had since tested positive for Chikungunya, a viral disease transmitted by infected mosquitos.  It is somewhat common in India.  Contemporary health care states that while there is no cure for Chikungunya, most patients do eventually recover fully, but usually after several months or even years of joint pain.  Two doses of one of homeopathy’s most common remedies did the trick in 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment